Wednesday 21 April 2010

A New Take on Egg-Fried Rice

Lunch recently has been something of a moveable (or even missable) feast due to various different commitments, but I thought I'd show you this delicious offering:

Know what that is?
It's what happens when you try to cook egg-fried rice in a pan that is far too hot, very quickly because you think you have twenty minutes to cook, eat, clear up and leave (then find that you have an extra hour).

It is a mess of inedible burnt rice, uncooked onion chunks and scrambled eggs. I am eating it anyway, washing it down with salsa dip and poppadums.

1 comment:

  1. hey,
    i have no idea who you are, but i saw that you were following my blog. so i decided to check you out!! i totally relate on the not eating lunch thing...don't get me wrong, i love to eat, but sometimes when i have to feed 3 little people and be somewhere, it doesn't happen!! and i can absolutely make 2 cookies be a complete lunch!! but i'm a greek freak as well (though not a vegetarian) and i love nothing better than a good sandwich, so i'm interested to see what you come up with. maybe you can find me a new, favorite lunch! :)
    laura

    ReplyDelete