Monday 24 October 2011

Graze Boxes

I had heard about Graze a while ago, I think from my brother, and thought that they were a good idea, but as I was living with my parents at the time and not responsible for the food shopping or really for my own diet, it would have been unnecessary to try it.

However, I was reminded by a facebook friend who had a useful referral code which gives the referrer £1 off each box, and the referee two boxes free - the first and the fifth. I decided to look into it.


It costs £3.49 per box, and you get four different snack items - nuts, seeds, fruit, flapjacks, breads, all kinds of things and mostly healthy (you can choose a specifically-tailored "nutrition" plan that cuts out the unhealthy but delicious things). I figured that a delivery of varied snack items once a week will a) stop me buying chocolate bars at 70p or 80p a time, b) stop me buying biscuits in the supermarket and c) help me to eat more healthily when I do feel the need to snack. And £3.49 is not all that much, I expect I spend more than that most weeks buying treats as part of my weekly shop and random extras when I have run out.

I'll report back on how it's going. Hopefully this will be part of a new, healthier regime of snacking. I have to accept that snacking is never going to fully go away - there's something about spending hours reading and writing essays on your own that brings out a craving for sugar - but nuts and seeds and dried fruit have to be better than Sainsburys Light & Whippy bars, right?

If you'd like to sign up and get your first box free, plus your second half price and your fifth free as well, just use the code X4HJYBT which will give me £1 "reward". I'll be donating my reward money to the Graze School of Farming in Uganda.

No comments:

Post a Comment